The homebuyer report is a standard format designed by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors as an economic, mid-range survey, intended to indicate where defects may exist and suggest where further investigation is to be recommended prior to the purchase of the property.
HOMEBUYER REPORTS ARE INTENDED FOR PARTICULAR TYPES OF PROPERTIES, INCLUDING:
• Post 1900 houses, bungalows and flats
• Conventional construction
• Any condition
FEATURES OF A HOMEBUYER REPORT
• It is a concise report covering the building inside and out
• It is laid out on a traffic light colour code basis, listing condition ratings as good, non-urgent, urgent repairs necessary and further investigation recommended
• It is purely a visual inspection – services are inspected but are not tested
• It includes an open market valuation and advice on the cost of reinstating buildings insurance
• Whilst solutions to defects are not detailed, our surveyors will always give helpful and constructive advice
RELIABLE CONDITION REPORTS FOR YOUR PROPERTY
The main objective of the homebuyer report is to assist the client to make a reasoned and informed judgement on whether to proceed with the property purchase at the price agreed.
A condition report is similar to a homebuyer report, but in a simplified format. It indicates the current condition of the property and highlights visible or suspected defects. A condition report does not include open market valuation, building insurance reinstatement costs or detailed advice on defect remedies. If these are required, a homebuyer survey should be requested.
RELIABLE PROPERTY SERVICES IN USK
For over 48 years, Jonathan Price Property Services have delivered excellent property services including homebuyer reports, condition reports and building surveys. You can rely on us to provide accurate surveys and practical recommendations for you.